Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Patie Kasta

  I LOVE pasta. My Dad served an LDS mission in Italy, and he raised us on Italian food. Pasta has always been my favorite thing to make.

  This pasta dish, my family calls "Katie's Pasta," and when I asked my friend what to call the dish, he replied "Patie Kasta." So, I guess that's what I'm calling it.
 
   I originally would make a different version of this dish, from a recipe I got from an old high school cookbook. The original recipe is pretty much zesty italian dressing on egg noodles. It's okay, but I wanted to add a little more oomph to it.


Approx. 4 Cups Egg Noodles
Red, Green, & Yellow Bell Peppers
Green Onion
Red Pepper flakes
(You can add onion, but I'm not a fan. If you like the flavor of onion, but not biting into one, I'd suggest minced onions)
1 tsp Oil
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Cup Zesty Italian Dressing (my favorite is the Olive Garden brand)
Basil
Garlic Powder
Parmesan Cheese


   First, cook egg noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, chop up bell peppers and green onion (and onion). I made about a handful, after they were chopped and piled together. I didn't have yellow bell peppers, but I love them, and I know they'd be good in here.


After the noodles are finished cooking, drain and return to pot. Put heat on low.  Next, mix in oil, salt, zesty italian dressing, bell peppers and green onion (and onion). Next I shook a bit of garlic powder over the top, with a pinch of red pepper flakes. I love any extra kick I can get. I love basil. I just layer the top in a thin heap of basil. I never measure it out, so here's a picture (before I mixed it in). After mixing in the basil, let everything heat up for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionall, to avoid burning. Turn off the heat and add a generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese, then mix it in. I like the shredded parmesan best.


 Next, place some on a plate and enjoy! I think this recipe would be amazing with some grilled chicken. I'll post a great recipe for that in the future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment