Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Peanut Butter and Egg Sandwich


   I used to HATE eggs. I had to eat scrambled eggs on numerous occasions and gagged almost every time. It wasn't until a few years ago that I realized eggs are actually delicious.

   Dad was making lunch for himself, and insisted I try it. Peanut butter and egg sandwich... it sounded disgusting. I reminded my dad that I hated eggs, but he still insisted that I try it. I took a bit and was pleasantly surprised. I asked him to make me one and I've enjoyed eggs ever since.

  Peanut butter and egg sandwiches are really easy and quick, plus they are rich in protein. I love eating them for breakfast when I know I'm going to the gym later, or when I know I've got a lot to do that day.

   Here's how it's done:
Coat skillet with butter or cooking spray. Cook eggs over-easy, or sunny-side-up if you like them runny. I, personally, think that goop on sunny-side-up is nauseating, but that's just me. When cooking the egg over-easy, make sure not to cook it too much, so that the yolk is still runny.

Next, make two pieces of toast. After they pop out of the toaster, coat one side of each slice with peanut butter. The peanut butter should begin to melt into the toast a bit. I didn't toast my bread long enough, so my peanut butter didn't melt quite as much.

After the egg is finished cooking and the toast is coated with peanut butter, add the egg on top the peanut butter of one of the slices. Add the other slice on top and enjoy! I like to make sure that the yolk is near the top of the bread, so that when I squish it, it flows into the rest of the sandwich.   You can also add salt or pepper to your egg, but I prefer without it. Also, if you want to make this healthier, just remove the egg yolk. Egg whites are great for you, but I like the flavor the yolk gives, so I keep it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment